Plasmid DNA (pDNA) is an important component of mRNA, vaccine, and viral vector therapies. Scaling and optimizing downstream processes during manufacturing requires an in-depth knowledge of all unit operations. This webinar presents a design for a generic manufacturing template which overcomes the challenges associated with the purification of pDNA i.e high viscosity, large molecule size, shear sensitivity, and similarities with impurities. Key considerations for purification unit operations include harvest, lysis, clarification, tangential flow filtration, chromatography to sterilizing grade filtration. Here three experts present a comprehensive case study encompassing all downstream unit operations.
In this webinar, you will:
- Get an overview of the pDNA market
- Receive guidance for filter selection as a replacement for centrifugation
- Learn purification strategies using AEX chromatography resins and membranes
- Understand key considerations for sterile filtration
- Learn about a complete purification process flow for pDNA